Here are a number of explanatory guides which I wrote before starting this blog.
- A timeline of world events (~12000 words), written in an attempt to teach myself about history, from 13.7 billion BC to today.
- A guide to competitive debating (~13000 words)
- A guide to philosophy (~3000 words), in progress. Topics covered so far: the value and purpose of philosophy, skepticism, philosophy of science.
A guide to university (~3500 words), partly crowd-sourced, written for my sister.
- An introduction to programming (~7000 words), aimed at non-technical readers who want to stop being non-technical readers.
- A Sudoku solver in Python, with TKinter GUI, written to explore concepts in Oxford's Intelligent Systems course. Uses backtracking search with forward checking, arc consistency and minimum remaining variables heuristic.
- A regular expression and finite automaton converter, written to explore concepts in Oxford's Models of Computation course. Currently supports parsing regular expressions, conversion to NFAs and DFAs, and operations such as union, complement, equality testing, etc. More detail here.